The University of Vermont Health Network – Porter Medical Center is committed to treating all patients equitably, with dignity and respect regardless of the patient’s healthcare insurance benefits or financial resources. For people with essential health care needs that are medically necessary and are uninsured, under-insured, ineligible for a government program or otherwise unable to pay, we have financial assistance programs in place. Your inability to pay for medical services should not prevent you from receiving the care you need.
The UVM Health Network and MVP Health Care have partnered to co-create an innovative Medicare Advantage plan shaped by Network physicians to better meet the needs of older adults in Vermont and northern New York. The plan is expected to begin on January 1, 2022. For more information, click here.
Do you need help with medications, dental care, or glasses? Learn about our Health Assistance Program.
Porter Medical Center has Patient Financial Service Advocates who can help identify, assist, and support our patients with financial assistance to pay for their medical care. Assistance available includes assessing the patients’ eligibility, linking patients to available government funding sources, and determining whether they are eligible for charity care or financial hardship treatment.
802-388-8808 (option 5)
Monday-Friday 7:30am – 4pm
A new federal price transparency regulation requires U.S. hospitals to publish data on all of the charges for services we provide. Visit our price transparency web page.
Patient Financial Information
Porter Medical Center will now bill from one Epic system. Click Here to learn more.
Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Policy English
- Financial Assistance Policy Spanish
- Plain Language Summary English
- Plain Language Summary Spanish
Financial Assistance Application
Insurance Plans We Accept- Updated 5/25/2021
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) / CBA
- Capital District Physicians’ Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physicians’ Healthcare Network (CDPHN)
- Cigna / Great West
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (HMO only)
- Fidelis (New York Quality Healthcare Corporation) (excludes Medicare Advantage)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (excludes United Behavioral Health, NH Health Benefit Exchange, Medicare Advantage, and Managed Medicaid)
- Medicaid (VT and NY)
- Multiplan / Private HealthCare Systems (PHCS) / Beech Street
- The Vermont Health Plan (TVHP)
- TriCare for Life – Skilled Nursing Facility
- TriCare Humana Military
- TriCare Martin’s Point Health Care
- United HealthCare
- United HealthCare – The Empire Plan
- Veteran’s Administration Community Care Network (VA CCN) (United HealthCare)
- VT Blue Advantage
- Workers’ Comp (VT)
Point of Service Collection Policy