Porter Medical Center has approximately 250 volunteers who serve the Porter community. Porter appreciates the outstanding dedication and excellent service the volunteers offer throughout the organization. The volunteers’ commitment enriches the lives of our patients, their families and staff. The role of volunteers at Porter Medical Center is a vital part of the quality care and services provided to our community.
Volunteers enhance services in many areas of Porter:
- Care Support Volunteer
- Emergency Room
- Helen Porter Rehabilitation & Nursing
- Information / Reception
- Mail Process
- Medical Surgical Unit
- Round Robin Thrift Shop
New Volunteers are Always Welcomed
If you are interested in more information regarding volunteer opportunities or would like to apply for a volunteer position, please call:
To Become a Volunteer
- Application is reviewed and references cleared
- Attend orientation program
- Complete health clearance process
- A minimum commitment to volunteer at least 2 hours per week for at least 6 months.