Nutrition Services Department
Clinical Dietitian Services are provided at the University of Vermont Medical Center Health Network – Porter Medical Center by registered and state certified Dietitians with specialized training in the role of food and nutrition and the therapeutic management
PMC Nutrition Services
115 Porter Drive
Middlebury Vermont 05753
- Diabetes / Gestational Diabetes
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as colitis, pancreatitis, crohn’s disease, celiac disease
- Diet during cancer treatment
- Weight loss or gain program
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cardiac disease
- Wound healing
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition
- other conditions as warranted
- obesity and weight management
- nutrition support
- eating disorders
Additionally, Dietitians advise individuals about recommended diets for:
- general health promotion
- infants, children and adolescent needs
- pregnancy and lactation
- sports nutrition
During your visit
- We will review your concerns, personal eating habits, and food preferences.
- We will assess of how these eating habits affect specific health concerns.
- You will receive written and verbal instructions on improving eating habits to meet personal nutrition goals.
- We will offer practical tips and educational materials for guidance with food shopping and meal preparation, eating in restaurants, and making choices to improve your health.
To schedule an appointment with a clinical dietitian at UVMHN Porter Medical Center, please call
802-388-4776, Monday-Friday from 8am – 4pm (All appointments must be scheduled in advance.)
For an individual appointment, a physician referral is required by billing insurance carriers — providing that Medical Nutrition Therapy is a covered benefit in the plan. Please check your plan for coverage. Medicare will cover Medical Nutrition Therapy for diabetes and renal disease only.
For patients outside the UVMHN Porter Medical Center, please fax a copy of the referral and pertinent, recent medical records and lab reports to 802-388-4776.