Coronavirus (COVID-19) : UPDATED MARCH 18, 2020
Important Updates to the Porter Medical Center Restricted Visitation policy and procedures to minimize patients/staff exposure to COVID-19.
- As of Wednesday afternoon, March 18th all Patients and Visitors will enter the hospital through the Emergency Department.
Employee Badge readers will be enabled on the following access points for Staff entry: Emergency Department, “North Entrance” (main entrance for staff entering from the North parking lot), “East Stairwell Door” near the medical office building.
- All Patients and Visitors will be screened in the Emergency Department vestibule.
Specific Guidance to the Visitation Policy by Clinical Area
- Emergency Department: One visitor per patient. No visitor rotation with exception of end of life.
- Medical/Surgical Unit: No visitors for general patients. Two visitors (without rotation) for patients at the end of life.
- Birthing Center: One visitor per patient. No visitor rotation.
- Surgical Services: No visitors. Any outpatient procedures requiring rides home will be coordinated by Surgical Services. Visitors providing transportation to patients will not be allowed in the building.
- Cardiology: One visitor/support person per visit.
- Express Care: ExpressCare patients will enter via the Emergency Department entrance to be screened and directed to the ExpressCare clinic. One visitor. No rotation.
- PMG Sites: One visitor/support person per visit.
- Infusion Center: No visitors.
- Helen Porter: No visitors. Limited visitation may be granted in certain end-of-life situations.
Visitors who meet these exceptions will be screen upon entrance to the building before being allowed to visit. Those with symptoms compatible with COVID-19 (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) and/or an identified risk based on exposure will not be allowed to visit.
All exception visitors are strongly encouraged to remain in the patient’s room during the duration of the visit, limit traffic in hallways and avoid congregating in waiting rooms, cafeterias and lobbies before, after or between visits.
Parking for Patients and Staff
- We will be implementing a traffic control station at our main entrance to assist people to find the appropriate place to park and enter our facilities.
- Employees should use our North Parking Lot if possible. The parking lot in front of the hospital may be used by all Porter staff for parking when the North employee parking lot is full.