The specific purposes of the program are to:
- Foster a culture of compliance at The UVMHN-Porter Medical Center
- Educate The UVMHN-PMC employees on what to do to be in compliance with federal and state statutes
- Ensure that the organization’s employees and patients feel comfortable and safe when raising compliance and privacy concerns
- Establish a clear, expeditious and practical process for obtaining answers to compliance questions
- Document efforts to comply with applicable statutes, regulations and program requirements
- Implement an effective system of audit and remediation.
- Toward that end, the UVMHN-Porter Medical Center Code of Conduct has been adopted by the Board of Directors to provide standards by which all individuals participating in The UVM Health Network- Porter Medical Center’s operations will conduct themselves in order to protect and promote integrity and the ability to achieve its mission and to perform daily activities in accordance with federal, state and local rules and regulations.
Our Compliance and Privacy Officer is Marianne Bruno. If you have a concern related to compliance or privacy, you may contact her directly. Her contact information is listed below. She will ensure it is properly investigated and resolved in a timely manner. If you request, she will keep your identity confidential to the fullest extent allowed by law and the nature of the investigation.
Marianne M. Bruno, RN CHC CPHQ
Compliance and Privacy Office
University of Vermont Health Network-Porter Medical Center
115 Porter Drive
Middlebury, Vermont 05753
Compliance and Privacy Hotline
The University of Vermont Health Network-Porter Medical Center has established a confidential disclosure mechanism through its Compliance and Privacy Hotline as a means to enable employees, residents, staff and patients to report instances of non-compliance and/or make inquiries on compliance issues.
You may remain anonymous if you wish. UVMHN-Porter Medical Center is committed to a policy of non-retaliation.