What is a hospitalist?
Our hospitalists are internal medicine attending providers who specialize in the care of patients who are hospitalized.
Our hospitalists work closely with primary care physicians and other team members at The UVM Medical Center to coordinate and direct your care in the hospital.
How we work for you
- We are available 24 hours a day to evaluate patients, respond to emergencies, and speak with patients and family members.
- We work closely with other specialists and members of the care team in the hospital to deliver prompt and compassionate care.
- We communicate with family, primary care physicians, and outpatient providers to keep them fully informed of the hospital course and plan for a smooth transition after discharge.
- We supervise and educate resident physicians and medical students.
- We participate in numerous patient safety and health care quality initiatives.
- We are available day and night to confer with referring providers.